Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Genealogy and Writing Resolutions, revisted.

Being such a newbie at Genealogy blogging, I had a little free time this evening and started browsing for genealogy blog prompts. I really liked the Carnival of Genealogy topic "Our genealogy research/writing plans for 2011!" After reading through almost all 30 of the listed fellow bloggers and their goals, I decided that my goals in my last post were entirely too vague and short-sighted... I have a long and distinguished history of NOT completing any goals I ever set for myself, but there is something to be said for seeing them set out in an online blog.

Seeing how "getting organized" is not very measurable, I guess I need to work doing a little more definition here. Ok, I was trying to keep it simple and doable, but what fun is that???

So here are my Genealogy Research and Writing plans for 2011:
1) Get a current backup made of my research, photos and documents.
2) Get my computer genealogy files all rearranged, renamed and sourced into Rootsmagic.
3) Upload my tombstone photos to FindAGrave and my Granath photos to Facebook.
4) Find a genealogist on Random Acts and ask for a search for Alfred’s burial place.
5) Create a workable website for Granath and Ogle.
6) Write my first biography mini-book, about my mom.
7) Volunteer once a month at the Tomball genealogy library.
8) Attend at least 3 seminars or classes at Clayton Genealogy Library downtown.

Whew! There you have it. Looks like I’d better get busy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, we're neighbors! Howdy from Kingwood.

    I've never been to the Tomball library. What do they have in the genealogy section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am also descended from Moses Ogle and Mary Ann George through their daughter Nancy. I have been searching for a long time for information on Nancy's brothers and sisters and have been successful on a few. I just recently found some information on your ancestor, Daniel Ogle. I saw where he is listed as being buried in Clinton Oaks Cemetery, Tulsa Co., OK and died in 1934 but no month or day. He married Harriet Selena Frances Bryant (is that correct?) on Jan 12, 1873 in Cobb Co., GA. I have put a record for Nancy and Daniel's parents on the FindAGrave website a few weeks ago and you are welcome to use the photo I took of their gravemarker in Kemp Cemetery. Would love to fill in the blanks I have on Daniel and his wife and would be happy to share any information I have with you. I'm glad I found your blog!
    Terri in GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Terri, just saw your post, I'm pretty new to this blog stuff and didn't know how to set it to notify me when someone posted. :) when you see this, can you email me at kylabayang@att.net please or look for me on Facebook? I can't view your profile to message you. :) I have tons of info on quite a few of Mose's and Mary Ann's children and descendants to share with you! Look forward to hearing from you!
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete